Wednesday, April 20, 2016

Q is for Quinn Miller #atozchallenge


Happy hump day and welcome back to Frankly Scarlett where the A to Z challenge is about the characters from the Suspense novel series Providence in Ecuador.

I'm Quinn Miller and welcome to Q is for Quinn! I'm from Memphis, Tennessee and am a former city councilman.  I love Memphis, and I live on the bluff.  In case you aren't familiar with Memphis, that would be the bluff of the Mississippi River.



My condo overlooks the river and Tom Lee Park. The park is the site of numerous city-wide activities throughout the year.  Cybil Shephard used to be my neighbor, but she recently sold her unit.



My family has been in the hardware business here for four generations. Everyone knows the Millers are synonymous with hardware. But with the big box stores coming in the family hardware stores weren't doing so well, so my brothers got into the distribution business. At the time, I was a councilman and truthfully couldn't be bothered with the family business.



Now I'm looking for a way to supplement my income. I appear in the book Terror on the Bluff. Some important things are happening in Memphis, and I think I just might have found my own new niche. But I can't tell you about it. Both because I'm not supposed to talk about the story and because I have to stitch up my market if you get my drift.



I'm having to get my hands a little dirty and working with some seedier types to make sure everything comes out in my favor. But a guy's gotta do what a guy's gotta do. I think my new venture will be right profitable and that will show my brothers. I look forward to the day they come crawling to me for a loan.



I gotta run to a meeting now, so you have a good day!  If you are following the A to Z, the list of participants is here.

P.S. Ecuador Earthquake:
As many of you have heard, we suffered a devastating earthquake in Ecuador Saturday evening. I am in the Andes and though we felt the quake and it was quite unsettling, we are safe and haven't suffered any damage or loss. Our friends on the coast are another story. This is typically a poverty stricken area. The people are hard working, but now their homes and businesses and places of employment are all gone. There is virtually no such thing as insurance for the people in the area. If you can find it in your heart to help, even $5 will help a lot. Hearts of Gold is a local charity organization which is very well run where almost every penny of donations is used for the intended causes they support. You can donate with a credit card or Paypal and we sure will appreciate it here. Thank you for your prayers and support and your donations if you can help.


Thank you with all my heart.

~*~
Scarlett Loving life in Cuenca!

4 comments:

  1. I don't think I like the sound of Quinn Miller.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, I'm not sure about Quinn. Is he really conniving and dangerous, or a want a be who is inept? Have a great day!

      Delete
  2. Love the photos and the interesting characters you are sharing with us in this A to Z Blogging Challenge!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm delighted that you are enjoying the characters. I enjoy writing them. Thanks for stopping by!

      Delete