Hi! My name is Abby Grey and I was chosen by our author to talk to you today. Because today is the first day of the April A to Z blog challenge and you guessed it. A is for Abby.
So my challenge is that I hear some of you would like to get to know me better, but I can't give away anything that happens in the books. You know...it's a no spoiler zone here. Since I'm a character who serves at the creation of my writer, I decided we could play a little game of truth or fiction. Readers of the series... feel free to comment the answers below if you think you know them. New folks, think of it as people watching- maybe you can craft your own story.
I've been authorized to give away a few simple truths. I am a character in the Providence in Ecuador suspense series, in fact, I'm the main character in book one. I also get to be part of a uniquely interesting romance. Sorry, no hot steamy scenes. If my creator was to choose the actress to portray me in the made for tv movie of the book, it would be Sandra Bullock. Aren't we excited and honored! So now I will tell you nine things about me. Why nine? Because ten is so over-used and boring, don't you think? Some will be truth some will be fiction. Hmmm, think about that for a minute. Here we go:
1. I love love love red shoes. And red boots? Swoon...it just doesn't get any better.
2. My most strenuous activity is a biweekly game of Twister with the local retired gringo expats. (Sorry there are no photos from this group as the photos are considered "inappropriate internet content" in some countries.)
3. I have a cat, and he rules my life.
4. I'm involved in a hot steamy affair with a new Latin lover- even if behind the bedroom door is off limits for the book.
5. My best friend is a lady who literally wears a hat covered in South America fruit. (I tried taking her picture once and my camera hasn't worked since. But she is the sweetest lady you will ever meet.)
6. Since it's covered in the Amazon description, I assume it's safe to say I live in Ecuador. But did you know my main mode of transportation is a unicycle? I even get tips when I go through intersections at rush hour.
7. I am an addict. I'm currently addicted to Facebook, Skype, Pinterest and Amazon. I know the whole Amazon thing is weird, especially since they don't ship to Ecuador.
8. I am an obsessive list maker. I have lists of lists and lists of where I keep the lists.
9. I absolutely know what it's like to run for your life. And living under a giant Amazonian mushroom isn't that horrible. (Amazonian here refers to the region of the Amazon river on the continent of South America, not the enormous website that sells literally everything you can't even imagine.)
Now, as all good speakers, I would like to close with the funniest joke I found on the internet this week:
A writer died and was given the option of going to heaven or hell.
She decided to check out each place first. As the writer descended into the fiery pits, she saw row upon row of writers chained to their desks in a steaming sweatshop. As they worked, they were repeatedly whipped with thorny lashes.
"Oh my," said the writer. "Let me see heaven now."
A few moments later, as she ascended into heaven, she saw rows of writers, chained to their desks in a steaming sweatshop. As they worked, they, too, were whipped with thorny lashes.
"Wait a minute," said the writer. "This is just as bad as hell!"
"Oh no, it's not," replied an unseen voice. "Here, your work gets published."
Happy April Fools Day! Thank you for stopping by and reading our blog today. It was a pleasure to meet you and I hope you enjoy the rest of the blog challenge. Stay tuned, tomorrow you will get to meet "Bear" Court McAllister from Book 3!
Today's book promotion goes to Steven M. Thomas. The first book in the Gretch Bayonne series is available for free on Amazon.
Get it Chase the Rabbit- click here.
From the barrooms of New York City, to the movie studios of Hollywood, Steven M. Thomas has crafted a tale of intrigue that captures the early 1930’s as freelance writer Gretch “Bay” Bayonne attempts to unravel the mystery of why a dedicated family man would abandon his life for no apparent reason. Along the way he encounters movies stars, Nazis, and newspaper tycoons, and barters a banana for a mysterious gold key stolen by a runaway monkey on a walkway atop the magnificent dirigible Graf Zeppelin. This first book in the Bay series is sure to grab readers from the first page and will not let go until the last!
Scarlett Loving life in Cuenca!