Thursday, April 14, 2016

L is for Lily Grace #atozchallenge


I'm Lily Grace and I am the "L" in the A to Z challenge. I'm excited to be here and to tell you all about me.



I'm from New Orleans and I just love it. I love the Saints football, the jazz music, the French Quarter, the food. Really I love everything about New Orleans except maybe the humidity. When it was time for me to go to college, I could have gone anywhere, but I chose Tulane. You guessed it, because I wanted to stay in New Orleans.



But to be honest, I made a few bad decisions and landed myself right in a big time pickle. I can't say more than that, the whole story is in the second book of the series. But I can say my mom was a real hero during that time. She just wouldn't give up on me and I sure am glad. Because of those bad decisions I learned all about the dark side of New Orleans recently. My poor Mom and Dad, really saw the bad side of the Big Easy. It definitely wasn't easy for them.



I have a new life now. It's really different from before, but I have a lot of friends, a great new crazy extended family and a very interesting life. My friends back home are all pretty envious of me. I didn't do anything all that great, I just got really lucky that there were some pretty awesome folks looking out for me.



I missed my college classes for a while, but I'm back in college now. I'm studying International Business and I hope someday to be instrumental in building an economical bridge between Ecuador and the U.S.  Yeah, I guess I kinda spilled the beans there a little bit. I now live in Ecuador. My mom's friend Abby even showed us a place that reminds me of home, so it's pretty cool being here.

I hope some day you get to read the book so you can learn about the great group of people who literally saved my life. Until then, stay positive, be hopeful and always look for a silver lining. If I can do it, I know you can! Come back tomorrow to meet my godmother, Missy. She's something else.

Thanks for coming by and reading about me!  If you are looking for the other participants in the A to Z challenge, click here.


 
~*~
Scarlett Loving life in Cuenca!

6 comments:

  1. Glad Lily Grace got out of her pickle and that life is now good. Must have been a big worry for her mother.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I can't imagine anything worse than not knowing where your child is and what is happening to them. Truly the stuff of nightmares.

      Delete
  2. Lily Grace sounds a fascinating character with an interesting life.
    That's Purrfect
    Around My Kitchen Table

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for coming by and reading my blog. Lily Grace is one of my favorite characters. She shows us that even when we mess up and make mistakes, our family is there for us and we can be the person we were before.

      Delete
  3. Excellent character sketches. Interesting!
    Annie from ~McGuffy's Reader~

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you and thanks for stopping by again. I'm glad you are enjoying the crazy voices in my head. Have a great weekend!

      Delete